Pulls data from the See Click Fix API and publishes to Socrata dataset.
It relies heavily on a custom python script which does the following:
- Loop through the org id of each city
- Paginate through the data on See Click Fix API: [https://seeclickfix.com/api/v2/
- Transform the data from json to FME Feature Attributes
- Publish to Socrata using the Socrata Writer
Follow these steps to get the example workflow working.
- Download the workflow and associated files using the Download link above and open in FME Workbench.
- Contact email@example.com to obtain account IDs for the customer’s account on SeeClickFix. For example if you are an open data administrator for a state level agency you should obtain the city ids for all pertinent cities and list them 1 per row.
- Fill out the org_id file with the above information, save changes.
- Configure the FME Published Parameters.
- For 1st run dataset creation: Change Socrata Writer dataset title to desired dataset title.
- Run the workflow.
- Search the logs for “dataset id” and change the Socrata Writer to this 4-4
- Run the workflow again.
- Schedule this workflow on a regular cadence, for example with Windows Task Scheduler
To test the See Click Fix API and your org id, make a “GET” request to https://seeclickfix.com/api/v2/
If FME log shows errors with specific parameters, make sure all published parameters are filled out correctly.