This FME workflow extracts data from an existing Socrata dataset, performs an example data transformation (filtering out features by attribute value) and then publishes the resulting data to a different Socrata dataset. This workflow could be adapted to perform joins of two existing Socrata datasets using a FeatureMerger transformer.
Follow these steps to get the example workflow working to create a new dataset on your data portal.
- Download the workflow using the Download link above and open it in FME Desktop. NOTE: You may have to right-click > Save Link As… to get it to download.
- Ensure the CSV Reader is pointing to
https://data.mo.gov/api/views/wu22-kvdm/rows.csv?accessType=DOWNLOADby editing the ‘Source CSV’ under
rows[CSV]in the Navigator panel in the upper left of FME. NOTE: verify that you can actually download the CSV when you input
https://data.mo.gov/api/views/wu22-kvdm/rows.csv?accessType=DOWNLOADinto a web browser.
- Update your Socrata credentials for the Socrata writer by editing the following under the Socrata writer (look for
<not set> [Socrata]) in the Navigator panel:
- Domain (e.g. data.seattle.gov)
- Run the workflow and ensure a new dataset was created on your domain.
Adapting the workflow for your data
- Obtain the download URL for your source Socrata dataset by navigating to the dataset in a web browser. Click the blue ‘Export’ button and copy the ‘CSV’ link under Download As. Right click > Copy link address
- Paste this CSV download link into the ‘Source CSV’ field under
rows[CSV]in the Navigator panel in FME.
- To configure the dataset to publish to and the update method refer to ‘Steps 3 and 4’ of this guide.
- Run the workflow!